FastSports

Home    Clinics    Tournaments    Forum    Clearinghouse    Links    Comments

Author Topic: Closing of FastSports - Thank you Vince!  (Read 158 times)

Vince Muehe

• Administrator
Re: Closing of FastSports - Thank you Vince!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 09:02:01 PM »
Thanks Todd!

"...memories, smiles, friendships, work-ethic, teamwork, victories, defeats, learning, improvement, satisfaction, sunburns, determination, pitching shoes with holes, $300 bats, and a WHOLE LOT OF DQ!"  Those are the parts of softball that I still love.
[/size]
[/size]I look forward to the barn full of girls and parents, the dogs excited that the girls are here to pitch... and then going to the fields to watch them play the game.  There's really some kind of magic that happens.  So that part... it stays.  Photography... it stays.  FastSports as we know it... not so lucky.
[/size]
[/size]Thanks for bringing Sami out here!  Friendly greetings at games and tournaments!  And I agree, you and Randy have kept the game in perspective more so than many others.
[/size]
[/size]Vince

Todd Sogge

Closing of FastSports - Thank you Vince!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 12:52:18 PM »
Vince,

Thank you for all you have done for fast-pitch softball in MN and the surrounding states!  Sami was very fortunate to have you as a coach/mentor in her early years of softball, and you certainly had a positive impact on Sami and our family.  Going to the barn was never a chore since you always made it entertaining and competitive.  You've been generous with your time, talent, facility, photography, etc.  Sami's time as a player, and my time as a coach are winding down as well, but we certainly view you as one of the catalysts that really jump started her (our) passion for softball.  We always treated it as a game, and it has remained that way for 10+ years now.  We wanted to always make sure the kids look back on playing softball with fond memories, and that attitude started with you and your style.  So to address Sue's question "What do you get out of it?",  I don't know how you personally answer that one, but I can sure tell you what we have gotten out of it......memories, smiles, friendships, work-ethic, teamwork, victories, defeats, learning, improvement, satisfaction, sunburns, determination, pitching shoes with holes, $300 bats, and a WHOLE LOT OF DQ!

Have a great summer, and we will certainly look forward to catching up again sometime soon.

Todd, Bonnie and Sami.